Prior to placement, a Referral Package must be submitted for consideration.
- Personal identifying information,
- The youth’s family background and social history,
- School information
- Medical information including handicap and/or limitation on physical ability,
- Religious information including religious activities,
- Any criminal and court matters
- The youth’s developmental, emotional, social and physical needs including report or other relevant assessment, any diagnosis resulting from such assessments,
- A statement of the youth’s needs while residing at Jen’s Place
- The youth’s interests, abilities, strengths, limitations and habits,
- A description of parental and family involvement, visitation and contact.
At times, situations occur
that require a youth to be
placed without a pre-placement visit.
In this situation,
Jen’s Place will attempt to
integrate the youth into the
program slowly with an initial commitment for 30 days.
If the youth meets the criteria, a follow up interview must be arranged. The interview will include:
- A description of the program
- A description of the community
- A general description of the current residents
- A tour of the home
- A question and answer period for the youth, the worker and significant other
- An opportunity to clarify any questions, comments or concerns from the referral package
If the decision is to proceed with the placement, arrangements for pre-placement visits are encouraged. The purpose of pre-placement visits is to ensure that this placement is a fit for the referred youth.
To request a Program Brochure or information email Jennifer Dyment.