Group Care Program
The community offers a place that can facilitate strong growth in youth that can positively affect self-esteem and self-efficacy.
The Residential Program Offers:
- Therapeutic Intervention will address Emotional, Behavioural and Mental Health Difficulties
- Individualized Assessment, Behaviour Management Plans & Programming
- Psychological Consultations
- Academic/Educational Needs
- Crisis/Emergency Admission
- Community and Life Skills Programming
- Recreational Programming
- Individual, and Family Counseling
- Psychological and Psychiatric Assessments, Play, Art, and Music Therapy as Arranged
- Community Services such as Physician, Dentist, Optician, Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Nutrition Consultant, etc
In order to accomplish the goals and objectives of Jen’s Place, certain approaches and therapeutic interventions will be utilized with the residents.
- Jen’s Place will utilize a strength-based approach when planning and interacting with the residents. Strengths, abilities and potential will replace deviance and pathology.
- Jen’s Place will look for the environmental effects on the resident’s behaviours and cognitions and work towards improving the interaction with those environments.
- Jen’s Place will utilize strategies to deal with difficult behaviours that will be therapeutic rather than punishing.
- Jen’s Place will set realistic and individual expectations for each resident.
- Jen’s Place is committed to increasing each resident’s sense of belonging, connectedness and status therefore reducing social isolation and detachment.
- Jen’s Place will provide opportunities to develop relationships with adults, peers, family and community.
- Jen’s Place will provide success oriented experiences to the residents to promote self-esteem and self-efficacy.
- Jen’s Place will work to have the residents build linkages with their community to promote a successful integration when they leave CAS care.
- Jen’s Place will provide opportunities to examine and work through emotional issues due to abuse and neglect in his or her history.
Community can provide a sense of belonging. Jen’s Place strongly promotes community activities with the residents. The Residential Program is committed to working with the community in understanding, accepting and including the residents of the home and providing opportunities to participate productively in community events and activities.
Visit our group homes >
For more information: